LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:25

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 17:46 

Hi!

I've just begun playing with one og those Epson color displays mentioned in this nice thread. :) It's connected to a 90S8515, and I can make it exit sleep mode and display the uninitalized RAM as randomly colored pixels. First it didn't respond, but sending random commands to it made it do something, and tracking down which command that took it out of sleep mode, I discovered it was the sleep-out command bit reversed! So it seems that bit 0 has to be transmitted first, not bit 7 as stated in the datasheet.

BTW, for some odd reason I have to send a 0x88 to it, to make it display the uninitialized RAM. 0x88 is not in the datasheet.

So far so good.

Now I am trying to send data to the RAM. But the display blanks during the transmission. I send a 0x5c command followed by a number of databytes. Depending on the values of the databytes, the display either blanks, but actually alters the RAM contents (can be seen at next reset as a dark horizontal line in the top), or stays on, but dosn't alter the RAM.

I suspect the databytes are seen as commands.

Does anyone have some tricks to try here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:50 

I've had problems with the display blanking too. When doing a colour fill slowly, it gets a different amount up the screen each time, but then it just goes back to white and I have to reset to get it going again. Have not played for a while, but it's interesting to know someone else is having the same problem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 20:58 

Heh, I just downloaded the datasheet for the Philips, and the commands in this works! It was a coinsidence that the bit inverted sleep-out command on the Espon was identical to the display-on command on the Philips! LOL! It's a Philips I have, quite cool as this seems to be the better of the two. 8)

Now I have to try to write to the RAM and see if it works reliable. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:35 

Wee, it works! Have a look at this! :D

A shame my cam is so old and lousy, the picture on the display really is better than these pictures show. Perhaps I should build a new cam myself, LOL! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 23:25 

Ulrik Smed,

Great work, congratulations!

I have one Epson LCD too, but it has small conector, how to connect wire?

Witch a language you are using?
It is conected in LPT port or MCU?

Sorry my bad english.

Junior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:31 

Hey Junior!

Thanks for the congrats. :)

It's connected directly to a 90S8515 Atmel MCU, running at 3.3V. I've just been playing a bit to speed optimize the transfer to the display, and got up to about 3.5 frames per second in 8bit/pixel mode without the hardware SPI, running at 4MHz. The MPU is connected to the LPT port through a STK200 programming interface clone, which works with PonyProg. The photo is transfered through the same interface with a Visual Basic program, and sent to the display by the MPU. I use assembler and AVR-Studio to program the MPU.

Yes, that connector is tiny! 8O Fortunately, I had the PCB from the phone the display came from, so I unsoldered the socket and used it to connect the display. It has 2 rows of 5 pins, arranged this way seen from the front of the display:

1 10
2 9
3 8
4 7
5 6

The pinouts are the same as mentioned before, except there is no pin 11:

1 Vdigital 2,7V - 3,3V
2 RESET LCD_RESET, user defined
3 SDATA LCD_SDA, SPI MOSI
4 SCLK LCD_CLK, SPI CLK
5 ~CS LCD_CS, user defined
6 Vdisplay 2,7V - 3,3V
7 n/c
8 GND GND
9 LED- GND or -3.2V
10 LED+ +6.4V or +3.2V, 15 - 30mA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 15:18 

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great information here.

I have a display from a 7210 with the Epson controller. Has anyone made much progress with this LCD so far?

I have made the connections to mine, and I am planning to hook it up to an Atmel Butterfly (ATmega169) board soon. Would the libraries for the Philips LCD posted earlier in this forum be a good place to start, or are there fundamental differences between Philips and Epson chips?

Also, what about the contrast and light sensitivity issues mentioned right at the beginning of the thread? Has anyone here actually seen this or did the information come from somewhere else?

Thanks, Neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 21:00 

Damm Seems they are out of Phillips displays in Poland , the old URL is dead.

Anyone knows where to get them ???

Or have a working schematic on the Epson contrast circuit

I would prefer Phillips displays though

Wonder if this 6610i is a Phillips or if the picture just isn't correct.

http://www.magboss.pl/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1345

/Bingo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:28 

Hi,

Did anyone success in connecting nokia 6100 display to lpt?
Can anyone tell for sure what is the difference between 6100 and 6110 or are there other displays which are connected exactly like 6100?

ǿ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 21:40 

I've just spent several hours with Epson controlled display in the LPT port but so far I haven't seen a glimps of life in it. The screen only stays blu-ish all the time. (I worked with the Epson datasheet)

The logic and display get's 2.8V from LPT (HI-level on this mobo is 3.3V) through two datalines using diodes. _CS, _RST, SCL & SDA are connected directly:

SDA : 1
_CS : 2
_RST : 3
SCL : 14

Edit: Just had a blast soldering back that tiny connector and testing the screen in my phone gave the same results. No life at all. I bet the shop isn't going to change it to a new one anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 0:55 

ive updated post about GCLCD 0.5 (page 4) cause last server go off :( u can download source code for PIC in this page

http://perso.wanadoo.es/j1m/index.htm

http://perso.wanadoo.es/j1m/proyectos/gclcd/index.htm

regards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 14:03 

Hi,
Sorry for my bad english,
i want connect a nokia 6100 lcd(Philips Controller) to lpt, but coudnt find any informations of how to do this, is there a schematic?
There just informations of how to connect to a MCU or something else, but i dont know why i need this, could someone explain me?

i'm such a noob :(

thanks,

cm^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 16:55 

Don't feel bad, I was hoping to connect to the parallel port as well :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:42 

Hi all,

Ulrik, the display you´re using seems to be one with the new epson controller. This controller is named S1D15G17 and uses mostly the philips command set, with some (minor) changes which include Vop setting and some other things.

I also have such a display. For the green pcb I tried with Epson command set - without any luck. When I tried the Philips set it worked, but had some glitches (picture was mirrored, some glitches with vertical addressing mode). Searching the web I found about the new Epson controller.

Unfortunately, I don´t have a complete datasheet. As the S1D15G17 is a extension to the S1D15G14 and I have the datasheet for this controller, most things are identical. This doesn´t include full information about color management and gamma setting, as the G14 has fewer colors.

Does anybody have a datasheet for the S1D15G17? Tried to contact Epson but they didn´t respond.

Sebi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 14:00 

One of the color displays I'm currently using is also from Epson and it has a S1D15G10 controller in it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next