LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 19:10 

I have used it to make sure that my VFD works, and it does. I would like to know if whoever wrote it would be willing to let me see the source.

Basically, I just want to display some static information at first and I can't seem to find an easy way of doing it. Writing it directly to the device seems the best way for me to get that done and I'd really like to learn about programming for the parallel interface.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:23 

Lord Kano wrote:
I have used it to make sure that my VFD works, and it does. I would like to know if whoever wrote it would be willing to let me see the source.

Basically, I just want to display some static information at first and I can't seem to find an easy way of doing it. Writing it directly to the device seems the best way for me to get that done and I'd really like to learn about programming for the parallel interface.

Here's the Visual Basic source to a test app I've written for the Noritake GU128x32-311 display:

http://www.geocities.com/mystic_whiskey/Noritake_GU128x32-311_Test_App.zip

Notes:
1. It's VERY slow to update the VFD
2. My PC is an Athlon XP 2500+, so you might have to fiddle with the timings if your CPU is slower
3. My parallel port is located at 0x378, so you may have to adjust to suit.
4. I've wired it up according to the directions at http://liquid-mp3.schijf.org/schematics/noritake_gu128x32-311.gif (GIF included in zip in case link goes down)
5. You need the DLPORTIO driver installed on your machine

Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:50 

mysticwhiskey wrote:
Lord Kano wrote:

Here's the Visual Basic source to a test app I've written for the Noritake GU128x32-311 display:

Ryan, you are the dude. Excellent. Thank you very much.

LK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:26 

mysticwhiskey wrote:

Ryan, I've had a little time to play with the code for your program. I have done a couple of cool things with it. I am going to need a bit more time to play with it, but if you're interested I'd like to show you what I've done with it. I'd like to hear what you think about it.