LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:06 

One~Zero wrote:
So, in order for Michael's demos to work, am I correct in assuming I need to purchase the VLC player???

No. The only demo requiring VLC is vlcstream which can be found here and is free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 22:50 

I hope I don't come across as too much of an idiot, but could you (or someone) explain in steps what I need to do to get the demos to work. I'm pretty sure I've downloaded everything, but can't seem to get any of them to work.
Screen capture seems to work ok though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 13:31 

There shouldn't be any special steps needed to get them working. You mentioned that you have the music player from sos working already so you should have everything in your system for Michael's demos too.
Maybe you're having the same issue as sos mentioned earlier in the topic and the method Michael is using to get the OpenGL image data isn't working in your system for some reason. I assume it's only the 3D OpenGL demos that aren't working?

Have you tried the VLC player?
http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=10081#10081
It should include the instructions in the readme.txt file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 13:25 

Sos only had issue with the windowless OpenGL demo's. All others were fine as far as I understood.

As screencap is working then that rules out a libusb0 issue. And because that is fine I've no idea where the issue could be.

Vlcstream.rar should actually be unpacked in to the VLC directory despite what readme.txt states.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 16:58 

Michael wrote:
Sos only had issue with the windowless OpenGL demo's. All others were fine as far as I understood.

Yes only opengl-demos are not working for me (no LCD-output).
I don't know why.

My Sys

Win XP SP3
Q6600 2.4 Ghz
2 GB Ram
GF 8800 GTX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 18:08 

Updated vlcstream:
Download

Added an image viewer, an experimental 'orb' mini control, fixed up a few issues and dragging should now be smoother.

For those interested my setup is as follows: Windows 2000 SP4 with the roll-up pack (unofficial sp5), AMD64 3800+ 2.4ghz, ATI X850XT and 1gig ram (lost a gig..). 1366x768 LCD TV/Monitor. G15 keyboard.

Last edited by Michael on Wed Jul 01, 2009 0:22, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 19:01 

Henri wrote:

Can't get that to work either. Copied everything to VLC directory (where VLC.exe is located) but don't see any output. Should I have VLC running to do this? I've tried it both ways, so just making sure. Also, do I need to have the USBD480 plugin set as the output under video options? Having that seleced just closes VLC whenever I try to open a video file.
One more question I would have for Henri is do you think haveing the display installed as a secondary monitor is affecting it at all?
Sorry for having so many questions....just anxious to get this working ;-)
What I try for VLCstream:
Code:
(at command prompt)
vlcstream c:\blah\blah\blah\myvideo.avi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 0:18 

One~Zero wrote:
Code:
(at command prompt)

This is wrong

Try this in Console

Code:
C:\Programme\VideoLAN\VLC\vlcstream.exe "c:\blah\blah\blah\myvideo.avi"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:10 

One~Zero wrote:
Copied everything to VLC directory (where VLC.exe is located) but don't see any output. Should I have VLC running to do this? I've tried it both ways, so just making sure.

VLC shouldn't be running (well I'm not sure if it matters or would it just open another instance). Just running the vlcstream from the command line / or some other way should be enough. If I don't remember wrong the vlcstream just uses the VLC library and not the actual vlc.exe GUI.

I'm not able to test right now but with these latest versions with the touch GUI and file browser it might not even be necessary to give a file as a parameter but just launch the vlcstream.exe and then use the GUI on the USBD480 display to browse the media file to play. I don't remember exactly how this worked so maybe I'm wrong.

Quote:
Also, do I need to have the USBD480 plugin set as the output under video options? Having that seleced just closes VLC whenever I try to open a video file.

No, the USBD480 plugin for VLC is a completely different piece of software. You don't need it with vlcstream. I think some early version of the USBD480 plugin had some bug crashing VLC. Maybe the link doesn't point to the latest plugin version. Just guessing here.

Quote:
One more question I would have for Henri is do you think haveing the display installed as a secondary monitor is affecting it at all?

If you have the secondary monitor output to the USB display enabled then the USB display is not available for the software here in the forum that uses direct access to the display. Just having the "USBD480 Graphics Adapter" installed in the system without actual output to the USB display shouldn't prevent the other software working but of course just to be sure you could also uninstall it.
So the secondary monitor driver is an alternative way for using the display and isn't meant to be used simultaneously with software that directly accesses the display.

And to have more data for the OpenGL issue my setup that I have used for testing Michael's OpenGL demos is XP 32-bit, AMD64, ATI X1250. And all the demos and versions I have tested have worked. I see I have ATI video like Michael and sos has Nvidia. Don't know if that makes any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:15 

One~Zero wrote:
Henri wrote:

Can't get that to work either. Copied everything to VLC directory (where VLC.exe is located) but don't see any output. Should I have VLC running to do this? I've tried it both ways, so just making sure. Also, do I need to have the USBD480 plugin set as the output under video options? Having that seleced just closes VLC whenever I try to open a video file.
Sorry for having so many questions....just anxious to get this working ;-)
What I try for VLCstream:
Code:
(at command prompt)

The USBD480 plugin is separate to this. VLC the application may be running as long as you don't attempt to use both the USBD480 plugin and vlcstream simultaneously.

If having the device installed as a secondary monitor is in fact affecting this software then I can move to using USBD480_lib.dll, instead of the current direct access method. But then you did say screencap is working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:19 

Michael wrote:
If having the device installed as a secondary monitor is in fact affecting this software then I can move to using USBD480_lib.dll, instead of the current direct access method.

No need for that. In fact the current secondary monitor implementation doesn't use USBD480_lib.dll either and expects to have exclusive access to the display.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:36 

Henri wrote:
Michael wrote:
If having the device installed as a secondary monitor is in fact affecting this software then I can move to using USBD480_lib.dll, instead of the current direct access method.

No need for that. In fact the current secondary monitor implementation doesn't use USBD480_lib.dll either and expects to have exclusive access to the display.

OK.

I've just uploaded a revised version of usbd480_plugin.dll. It should no longer crash VLC when direct access to the USBD480 can not be obtained.

I have access to a laptop with an Nvidia 'Gsomething' or other chipset so I'll check the OpenGL stuff on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 

Updated VLCStream:
Download

Added audio visualization and drag-n-drop support.
Audio visuals are activated when an audio track is selected for play through the built in explorer.

Last edited by Michael on Wed Jul 01, 2009 0:22, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 19:35 

Works great here.
Please clear the TFT at Programend. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 15:46 

Forgot to reply earlier that it works great here too. :)

Are these later versions supposed to open any window for keyboard control? The first time I tested I didn't have a touch panel connected and then I didn't find any way to control and stop the process other than killing through task manager.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next