LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: USB480 as 2ndary Monitor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 20:00 

I'm new around here so please be gentle. I just have a quick question, and if someone could please answer it, well it will make me one happy school girl.

I recently got a USB480 board along with a screen. I would like to use it as a tiny 2ndary screen under Windows XP. Any ideas on how to go about doing so? Thank you!color

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 21:14 

The test driver for the secondary screen functionality was just emailed so it should arrive soon.

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 

Thanks Henri! I just read through my email and downloaded it. I've followed the steps, but I still can't get anything to display on it. I tried reinstalling, running the app before activating my extended desktop and after activating. I'm at a lost.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting too old for this :( Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

Post subject: Problem Solved
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:30 

Thanks for the fast response Henri. I figured out what was wrong. It appears the clip isn't holding the ribbon cable tight enough. Out of the blues I decided to push down on the clip, and voila, I saw stuff on it. Looks very nice and crisp.

Now what I would like to do is have it so it displays whatever resolution and scale it to fit the screen. Is the code for that test app open source? I would love to have a peek at it.

Thank you again for all your help!

Post subject: Re: Problem Solved
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 17:27 

Maverick wrote:
Thanks for the fast response Henri. I figured out what was wrong. It appears the clip isn't holding the ribbon cable tight enough. Out of the blues I decided to push down on the clip, and voila, I saw stuff on it. Looks very nice and crisp.

Good to hear you have it working now. Maybe the display cable wasn't properly placed in the connector for some reason. Is it working fine now or is there still intermittent connection?

Maverick wrote:
Now what I would like to do is have it so it displays whatever resolution and scale it to fit the screen. Is the code for that test app open source? I would love to have a peek at it.

I guess that should be possible. Let me have a look into it and package it for you.

Post subject: Sweet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 23:40 

It is working just fine now Henri! There may have bee something stuck in between the cable and the pins because after cleaning it a bit, it just works now. The design in these boards are quite remarkable too!

I'll be digging through that code like theres no tomorrow =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 21:35 

8O Cool! I wouldn't mind a copy of that software myself :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 22:18 

Related to the desktop driver. I wanted to rotate the view 180 degrees, but I can't get tools meant to do that quickly to work with the display/driver. Henri, any ideas what could be the cause of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:56 

TeroD wrote:
Related to the desktop driver. I wanted to rotate the view 180 degrees, but I can't get tools meant to do that quickly to work with the display/driver. Henri, any ideas what could be the cause of it?

The current implementation doesn't really consider rotation at all. With some luck the required changes for this might not take too much work. Which tool were you trying to do the rotation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 16:00 

Actually I don't need this to work after all. But it could be useful in the future, for me or someone else.

I only used a tool called irotate. Might work with some other tool though, that's actually worth looking into before doing anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:50 

Can I please get a copy of this driver for secondary display?
Thanks.
Alex.