LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 23:41 

Hi to All.
Recently got Casio MD32PM4R-SNA LCD "kit" (controllerless LCD, 5.7 inches, 320x240 STN, CCFL backlight, touchscreen, HD64646 controller PCB, inverter PCB, negative voltage schematics PCB)
Found pinout sheet plus maked some schematic drawing.
Connected LCD to USB13700 board and can see only one vertical strip and one vertical bar of the dark pixels, other pixels are lit. Have tuned configuration settings for this display, but no boot logo/test strips, only the above described picture. Epson 256x64 EG2401 LCD works fine.
What can be wrong? (wiring is ok, +5V & -23V are normal) The one thing that looked suspicious was that the data lines in the pinout doc were in opposite direction according to my drawing (directly from IC) Tried both variants, no luck.
P.S. Henri, how about a possibility of enabling I2C bus in the board software?
(SPI to I2C converter is the last option)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 18:24 

KiryanFX wrote:
Found pinout sheet plus maked some schematic drawing.

Maybe you could post the pinout and schematic for us to see and check.

Quote:
What can be wrong? (wiring is ok, +5V & -23V are normal)

Sounds like it might be something about the sync signals. Or maybe some needed signal not connected or making proper contact. It's a bit difficult to say much without more information but my first step would be to look into any documentation and information available about the display and then how the display has been connected to the USB13700 controller board.

Quote:
The one thing that looked suspicious was that the data lines in the pinout doc were in opposite direction according to my drawing (directly from IC)

If you have the D0-D3 in wrong order that should only make the pixels appear in wrong order but still get the picture.

Quote:
P.S. Henri, how about a possibility of enabling I2C bus in the board software?

It has been been my intention to work on adding I2C support for USB13700. I think I could probably take some time to work on this sometime in June hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 18:39 

Sorry for not providing schematics initially. Was a bit tired that time.
Here it is:
As for the datasheet: two days of searching and no luck at all, even on the casio display site. Finally found a Chinese LCD trading site with pinout document in word format. That's all i could find.

Also have an image of LCD screen with "bars":

Quote:
Henri
It has been been my intention to work on adding I2C support for USB13700. I think I could probably take some time to work on this sometime in June hopefully.

Glad to hear it! (Making a little project to driving I2C LCD and I2C controlled RGB backlight (BlinkM schematics))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 18:09 

Sorry about the long delay. When I initially read your post I didn't have anything useful to say and looks like it now took this long to return to this.

The connections look ok. One thing that I can think of right now is that what would be the chances of the CL1 and CL2 being reversed? I have seen some displays that have the pins marked CL1 and CL2 when the functionality is actually reversed between these two pins.

Have you tried looking for any other Casio controllerless LCD datasheet to compare to?