LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 14:06

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:42 
What are the chances for getting support of the Noritake 800A controller?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:29 

I would say the chances are very good :D

I have written a driver for Noritake800 so it will be supported in the next version. I have also rewritten the T6963C and KS0108 drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:43 
Any idea on what kind of timetable the release looks like it is on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 21:04 

I think that after next weekend I can say much more about the timetable. That's presuming I have time to work on this during the weekend.

Also the release date will depend on the number of plugins included.

I'll post more information when I know better. :)

EDIT:
Now that the weekend has passed I had some time to code this forward but you still have to wait a while to see some results of it. Maybe after the next weekend there's something to show but nothing like release stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:17 
Any news on this? I would like to buy a Noritake 800a. Is the new driver also supporting every single 800a display?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 16:13 

Sorry, looks like I haven't been very good at keeping everyone updated of the progress. There were some alphas in testing earlier this spring but they weren't yet ready for public release. Development was stopped for over a month but I have started working on the new version again this week. It will be again pretty much a rewrite and using experiences gathered from the previous versions.

The Noritake driver is currently written with 128x64 displays in mind but it might work with 128x32 too. Can't promise anything though. But adding support for other sizes shouldn't be too difficult. What size were you thinking of ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:03 
I was thinking of the 128x32 indeed. Does anyone have experience with this VFD? I'm also interested in the Noritake 7002 series. Do you know when support for this display will be added?

TiNo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 13:44 

If I remember correctly the 128x32 version of the 800A series should work with the current 128x64 driver, it just shows half of the information.

About support for Noritake 7002 series and other displays I can't really promise anything. If I get a display of that series it shouldn't be very hard to write a driver but without a display to test things myself it's not very fun to write a driver.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]