LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: True Type Fonts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 16:43 

Henri,

First: (I don't do this often) I like your new release! Especially the low CPU resources it uses. Now I can play a DIVX and don’t need to kill LCDINFO.

I use my T6963c for my HTPC. There is a need to read text from a great distance. And there comes the TTF need. Will this be implemented in a new release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 0:32 

True Type support will be implemented. I've planned of using the FreeType library as rendering engine.
http://www.freetype.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 14:25 

Great!

I hope that the last driver issues for the T6963 will be solved, so I can continue the bug reports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:02 

Is it a bug that the "é" "è" and other stuff like with are not draw?
£+µ :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:42 

Hi,

about the true type font... Do you have a estimated time it would take? In the mean while is it possible to add a magnify feature to text? Let me explain... in the xml file add the following line to a text object

Code:
<magnify>2</magnify>

This will then magnify the current 5x8 or 8x8 font to be a 10x16 font? I think to implement this is easy because for every pixel drawn, you just draw magnify amount of pixels? This would be nice because my dvr can then display in big letters play or stop... or the time/date stamp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 16:40 

akamonrg wrote:
Is it a bug that the "é" "è" and other stuff like with are not draw?
£+µ :?

That's because the display character generator (T6963C, SED133x) doesn't support these characters (or they are in different position in the character table) or the font table compiled in the driver (KS0108, Noritake800, HD61830) doesn't include these yet.

For displays with character generator I've been planning to add user configurable filter that could change "é" to "e" etc. so that the display would be able to show it.

For displays with font table compiled in the driver it would be a matter of adding more characters in the table. This isn't that difficult just takes some time. If someone would be interested in drawing these just let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 17:01 

rudi Grobler wrote:
Hi,

about the true type font... Do you have a estimated time it would take? In the mean while is it possible to add a magnify feature to text?

It probably wouldn't take much more to add full truetype support than implement the magnify function. The problem is that you can't magnify letters that are written using the displays own character generator. Ok, with some displays you can...

But the truetype support shouldn't be a big problem, I just need to get myself to work on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:06 

Quote:
It probably wouldn't take much more to add full truetype support than implement the magnify function. The problem is that you can't magnify letters that are written using the displays own character generator. Ok, with some displays you can...

Ok, but i assumed that the lcdinfo uses the font file and not the lcd's char generator? if lcdinfo uses its own font file, a magnify function should be easy :?:

I want to use this in 2 projects, one is a dvr, to show the recording state and the second is my movie player to show the time stamp in bigger letters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 16:23 

rudi Grobler wrote:
Ok, but i assumed that the lcdinfo uses the font file and not the lcd's char generator?

If the lcd has character generator then LCDInfo uses the display's own character generator for the basic text. If the lcd doesn't have character generator then equivalent functionality has been included in the driver.

So the magnify and truetype fonts both need to use the graphics features of the driver instead of text. And because of the differences in older and newer LCDInfo versions graphical text support should work much better in new LCDInfo when it's implemented.

Post subject: 8x8
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 23:11 

abcdef

Post subject: Re: 8x8
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 16:37 

suzin wrote:
abcdef

Hmm, interesting... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:45 

so does that mean that i will be able to have double sized text on my http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/12 ... 12864BTMIV ?
cheers
minging

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 13:37 

you can draw what you want :).

An old lcdinfo version had truetypes in......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 14:22 

lol didnt make myself clear, i know i can draw all kinds of pretty things, cos i have lol but what i was getting at is can the output text from the various plugins be double sized, so i dont have to sqint to see my ickle display across the room lol.
thanks again
minging

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 14:29 

as i said...when truetype is there..you can draw text like you want