http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 16:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: winamp?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:07 

Which winamp version , should i have to lcdinfo 16.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:40 

I'm using 2.91 but it should work with other 2.xx series and with the new 5.x also.

Have you installed the plugin in winamp like instructed here: http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=403 ?

"You need to put the vis_lcdinfo.dll from the lcdinfo package's /extra_dlls/ directory to your winamp/plugins directory and set it as the current visualization plugin in Winamp. You might also want to check Auto execute visualization plug-in on play from Winamp's plugin settings. "

Without this you don't get any data from winamp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:39 

I have just downloaded winamp v5.02, and the plugin starts great, except after about 30 seconds, the lcd screen just goes blank. i have an hd61830 on a 240x64 screen, although it craps out using all sizes. it also does it on the standard plugin that comes with build 16. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:44 

kai:
You specifically mentioned winamp v5.02 but I guess you haven't tested with 2.xx winamp ? So the problem is more lcd / LCDInfo specific rather than winamp specific.

"standard plugin that comes with build 16" - what do you mean with this ?

But if display runs for a while and then just goes blank I think it's often caused by some interference from outside source. I once noticed that when I had a table lamp switched on then my display went blank after a while but when the lamp was switched off the display worked ok. Maybe you could add some filtering caps to the display power lines.

It's also possible that there is something in the LCDInfo HD61830 driver as it kind only supports 240x128 screens at the moment. But I think it should also work with 240x64 screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:56 

It only happened on winamp, i have now switched to WMP and it works fine.
I meant the winamp.xml file that comes with build 16, without modifying it at all.
I now have a practically full screen of info thats been running a few days without any trouble. Im just missing a clock and email notification.