LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:49

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 0:49 

ACKNOWLEDGMENT - THIS PROCESS BREAKS ANY GUARANTEE THAT YOUR LCD MAY HAVE, THEREFORE IF DAMAGING I DONE I DON'T HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY ON THIS, SO TRY ONLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1º step

With the LCD in top of a secure table, repair at the metal frame that protects and secures the LCD is imprisoned to the PCB with the Chips with some small metal clips folded, is necessary to put them right with the help of a small pliers in order to be as they are showed in the pics.

1ª pic - In this pic can be seen lcd of the behind part, the small metal clips that I speak in the case of this LCD are indicated in image.

They must of being folded as below in order to be well right.

In the end of this process our LCD must be with the small metal clips all as pic below.

2º step

Until now was easy , now comes the most delicate part ,to remove the metal frame and to remove the polarizer that is glued in the superficie of the LCD, this process must be made with very well-taken care in order to not damage the LCD nor warping the frame or small metal clips , therefore this would result in an imperfection of the consequent support and for bad contacts.

-- Removing the frame --
With the fingers in the small metal clips, now push them in the direction of the LCD along body of the LCD uniformly in order to dislocate the frame, till the small metal clips will be at the surface of the PCB.

It has to have be taken care in order not to force very much the suface or you can brake the LCD!

If everything ran well until here after removing the frame well , you must have something of this type.

Now comes the most delicate part , to remove the polarizer of the LCD, (Please have attention the position where was the LCD previously in order that when you mount it, the characters are in the right places )remove this pelicule with a xizato or a sharp knife.

After the previous step place the xizato gently betenw the polarizer and the LCD , to be able to raise it a litle for you to be able to grab it with your thingers and pull it gently till it come right

Pulling the Polarizer:

When you have polarizer unglued from the LCD, it has that to be clean very well in order to remove the glue that was under it, this can be made with a cotton absorbed in alcool in order not to scratch out the surface of the LCD, in case there are any residues of glue in the LCD, they can be removed by the same process efectuated in the polarizer

After this verify if the orientation of polarizer, that in the case of your LCD it is with the old color off the characters (in this case black or blue ) (inverted) and the characters passed to be of the color of the old backgound color (blue), in some rare situations are some LCD companie tha is requeires to buy somo polarizer sheets due to the original ones only make the desired efect by being rotated by 90º .

Example of an new Polarizer sheet .

Well , if all went great tiil here lest pray to all the siant to our LCD to go on roling ,and there are no leftover parts after asembling it again :lol: :lol:

For that put the polarizer sheet in the correct orientation acording to you LCD , and then fix it with a bit of scotch tape (glue tape) in the extrermes of the LCD so it doesn't moves in the mounting process.

Polarizer put in the correct position.

Polarizer fixed with a bit of scotch tape.

Aliging the LCD in the corect position in the board.

Mounting the protective frame again , don't forget to tight th metal clips has they were originaly in the LCD.

If all whent well your final result should be something like this

hope you are lucky to make your own :wink:

Any doubt's or suggention's , please be free to post them

Sorry for the bad English but i'm portuguese :D

Samtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 13:20 
you can buy it too:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 13:27 

you can buy it too:
sorry for double post but i'm registered now :)

good job for your modification but notice this manipulation increase the refresh time of the LCD because the fluid is not for transmissive mode...

ADMIN EDIT:
Resized the picture to fit better and to keep the tutorial easier to read. :wink:
Original image can be found here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/genesis.thequar ... /test1.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 19:37 

Yap your right on what ou say , but as i got this ones on very low price , so i decided to make it pretier :lol: :lol:

As for the refresh rate , i've noticed a litle , but it's not very much, it's only noticeable if you look it from high up , and you have to be very concentrated to notice it.

The other motive i made this turotial was for peole who had one off the others and wanted to invert it . 8) .

SAmtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 23:39 
Where do you get an "Example of an new Polarizer sheet" ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 20:43 

Well that seams to be a problem , since that polarizer film is a litle hard to find , maybe on a Fotografics shop ou from an old LCD...

Samtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 22:40 

Great guide samtech!

PS, I've added a link to it in the guide section of the LiQuiD-MP3 forum. I'm sure you don't mind that more people will read it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 18:13 

Off course i don't mind ;-) i like to help out .

PS: i have to subscribe on your forum too.

Samtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject: lcd equivalent
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:24 
i am italian and the gdm 12864a-fl-yts of xiamen ocular are equivalent for driver ks0108
and i buy in italy a good price (33.45 euro) at http://www.elettroshop.com/
i bring 3 display because i have variuso project for this displays
(mp3 car modding etc) the light of display are green color e the pin are equivalent to ks0108

ciao a tutti

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:05 

The lmg7380qhfc of hitachi makes it with 1 pin, the pin 20 is reverse mode, (I wait that some day lcdinfo can manage this signal) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 15:40 

good tutorial samtech ||||@||||||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:19 

nice job!

can you give me your settings in your bios?
coz mine are fucked up :(

which irq do you use and which mode?

greetz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 19:15 

The last pic is a dead link, this seems to be the correct link: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/samtech/PTbeta/Tu ... 631_rs.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:09 

samtech wrote:

After this verify if the orientation of polarizer, that in the case of your LCD it is with the old color off the characters (in this case black or blue ) (inverted) and the characters passed to be of the color of the old backgound color (blue), in some rare situations are some LCD companie tha is requeires to buy somo polarizer sheets due to the original ones only make the desired efect by being rotated by 90º .

hey guys, you dont need a new polarized sheet, just use the old one turned inside out... ;) and voilá, it works! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:50 

At the PCD8544 controller for NOKIA LCD there is a command that inverts the lcd. When it's sent it inverts everything. It should be nice to invert the lcd through the LCDinfo screen file