LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 22:40 

I was wondering how LCDInfo is working for others so here you can post your experiences with it. Any negative/positive comments are welcome.

Things I'm mostly interested in:
-Does LCDInfo work for you or not ? (crashes, hangs, doesn't show anything, doesn't support your display, etc.)
-What display/size are you using ?
-Is there some controller/size you'd like to see supported ?
-Is LCDInfo too difficult to use/install/not enough documentation ?
-Some other reason that prevents you from using LCDInfo ?
-What version are you using ?
-Anything else ?

With this information I should get some hints how to improve LCDInfo and what are the most urgent things to fix.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:37 

Henri wrote:

1-Does LCDInfo work for you or not ? (crashes, hangs, doesn't show anything, doesn't support your display, etc.)
2-What display/size are you using ?
3-Is there some controller/size you'd like to see supported ?
4-Is LCDInfo too difficult to use/install/not enough documentation ?
5-Some other reason that prevents you from using LCDInfo ?
6-What version are you using ?
7-Anything else ?

1- Yap it work grreat expecialy this last version "preview0.3.2pre12" , had it runing without a glich for 12 days in a row.

2- I'm using an DataInternational 128 x 64 Lcd with the KS0108 controler

3- Yap , 240 x 64 Display for th HD61830 controler .

4- Nope , it's o dificul to use , to install and configurate it may be a ltel complicate for a person initiating on it , but after reading the forum and the introctions on the site it should be OK to do almost everything with it.

5- Unfortunatly there is - The lack of suport for the PC to work without power (when the UPS runs down), that defenatly prevent's me from using it :lol: :lol:

6- I currently use preview0.3.2pre12

7- A litel sugention tha may be dificul to implemnt due to the lack of output pins in the paralel port , but some sort of GPO like in the matrix orbital displays should be great , i know how to isloate the signal form the port to able it to comand any tipe of device independantly from it's potency

Samtech

Post subject: DVD player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 15:43 

I moved the DVD player discussion to it's own thread here: http://www.skippari.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=68

Post subject: great program
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:49 
the program is good and the only one who is working with my optrex dmf5003n except for the resolution(160X128,6X8,32colums).
picture is now too small for me..
It would be great if this resolution is also in your program(i've no programing experience myself).
also it could be nice if there are more plugins..
nevertheless..its a great program..i looking forward for the updates
:D

Post subject: Re: great program
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:03 

matchless wrote:
the program is good and the only one who is working with my optrex dmf5003n except for the resolution(160X128,6X8,32colums).

also it could be nice if there are more plugins..

I should be able to add support for your resolution. Could you email me / give me your address so I can send you a test version ?

More "plugins" can always be done. What do you have in mind ? Just post your suggestions to the New features forum and I can check how much work it would be to code that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:52 

thanks henri for your help with the optrex display..with your help the display is working now.. :lol: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 17:29 

matchless wrote:
thanks henri for your help with the optrex display..with your help the display is working now.. :lol: :D

You're welcome, always nice to support more display sizes. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 20:35 
Hi,
great work your LCDInfo. It works perfect with Powertip PG24064LRU 240x64 6x8 Font. With PicView PVG 121202BYN 128x128 6x8 Font there are the last 2 columns are overwritten by the first 2. And third 8) Toshiba TLC-1013-E0 160x128 8x8 Font (hardwired) only the first 64 rows are correct. Last 64 rows are scrambled. LCDInfo version 0.3.2pre13nt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 20:50 
LCDInfo 0.3.2 works nearly perfekt with my Displaytech 64128A. Nice work.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 22:44 

Götz wrote:
With PicView PVG 121202BYN 128x128 6x8 Font there are the last 2 columns are overwritten by the first 2. And third 8) Toshiba TLC-1013-E0 160x128 8x8 Font (hardwired) only the first 64 rows are correct. Last 64 rows are scrambled. LCDInfo version 0.3.2pre13nt.

Glad that at least one of your displays is working fine. :wink:

I will check the settings LCDInfo is using for these displays and I hope the problems can be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:20 

Hi!

- yes I use the same display as Ayreon so it works fine :) LCDInfo is a great program, thanks for all the work you've done :)
- 128x128 6x8
- oh yes there could (should?) be more documentation :) I'm trying to make my own screens at the moment and sometimes I really have to guess. I read the features-thread but it doesn't tell much about the NT Performance counters.
Maybe I'll sum my experiences up once I'm finished with my screens, so that it's easier for others

- I use 0.3.2
- right now I sometimes have the problem that after a while one of the information shown on my screen is additionally displayed in the first (0th) line. I use just one screen (pause) and when I change to another and back to the original it's correct again..

maybe the reason is that my first line is empty? did this ever happen to you?

Line0=
Line1=" $date$ $time$"
Line2=" "
Line3=" Athlon $mbmmhz$ Mhz runs "
Line4=" $uptimed$ Days, $uptimeh$:$uptimem$:$uptimes$ "
Line5=" "
Line6=" $memavphys$/$memtotphys$KB "
Line7=" $diskfree(c:\)$/ $disksize(c:\)$MB "
Line8=" "
Line9=" $mbmtemp(0)$ $mbmtemp(1)$ $mbmtemp(2)$ "
Line10=" $mbmfan(0)$ rpm "
Line11=
Line12=" Lan - $localip$ "
Line13=" $pdh_netoutpersec$ "
Line14=" $pdh_netinpersec$ "

cya,
con

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:34 

con wrote:
- yes I use the same display as Ayreon so it works fine :) LCDInfo is a great program, thanks for all the work you've done :)

8)

Quote:
- oh yes there could (should?) be more documentation :) I'm trying to make my own screens at the moment and sometimes I really have to guess. I read the features-thread but it doesn't tell much about the NT Performance counters.
Maybe I'll sum my experiences up once I'm finished with my screens, so that it's easier for others

The plan is to write better documentation when there's some free time for that. But I'd be very happy to see you write something as I'm sure you could do it more from the user perspective. Sometimes I just don't realize that something should be described more carefully with more examples. It's so easy when you have written the code yourself. :wink:

Hmm, I think I've written little about the NT counters somewhere. It might be in some thread in this forum. :wink:

Quote:
- right now I sometimes have the problem that after a while one of the information shown on my screen is additionally displayed in the first (0th) line. I use just one screen (pause) and when I change to another and back to the original it's correct again..

maybe the reason is that my first line is empty? did this ever happen to you?

I've heard of this few times. I think it has been solved using the busy flag checking for the T6963C. Problem is that 0.3.2 version doesn't support it for the powerlcd wiring. But this should be fixed in the next version.

You could try adding an empty line between " ". I'm not sure if that works but you can try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 22:43 

concerning the nt performance counters I know have a more windows-related question but maybe you know the answer :)

when you choose an nt performance counter you can enter a remote pc where it says \\yourpc.
but it's unable to connect, probably because I didn't allow such connections on my remote pc. do you know how I can enable this?
Would be very handy to see the network throughput on my router :)
tia!

oh actually there were a lot of spaces between the "" :) html just removed them.

I think I figured the configuration out by now.. actually it's not that difficult just a bit of work ;)
you could add the information that the performance counters are available as the variable $pdh_yourname$

and I have one more suggestion. I saw that you can change the names of the weekdays which is a cool feature, however it doesn't change the space reservation afaik, so if I just want the abbreviations mo,tue,wed for example it leaves too much space.

cya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 14:11 

con wrote:
concerning the nt performance counters I know have a more windows-related question but maybe you know the answer :)

when you choose an nt performance counter you can enter a remote pc where it says \\yourpc.
but it's unable to connect, probably because I didn't allow such connections on my remote pc. do you know how I can enable this?
Would be very handy to see the network throughput on my router :)
tia!

It might be that I disabled the possibility of browsing remote counters in the code. I should be able to change this in the next version. I guess the remote counters should work in LCDInfo, you just currently can't browse them in the configuration.

Quote:
and I have one more suggestion. I saw that you can change the names of the weekdays which is a cool feature, however it doesn't change the space reservation afaik, so if I just want the abbreviations mo,tue,wed for example it leaves too much space.

Now that you can define the width of the variable yourself in the next version I think these predefined space reservations could be removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 19:45 

Henri wrote:
It might be that I disabled the possibility of browsing remote counters in the code. I should be able to change this in the next version. I guess the remote counters should work in LCDInfo, you just currently can't browse them in the configuration.

yes I think this just has to be a minor change.
I solved the windows-problem, I just had to add my local user name to the users on my router and add me to the administrator-group.
now I can view the performance in the windows perfmon
( c:\winnt\system32\perfmon.msc /s)

I could as well choose them in the lcd-info configuration but as you said, it doesn't support the remote pc so it just assumes it's on the local pc.
by adding \\myservername in the perfmon.ini I could get it running anyway :)

looking forward to your next release!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next