LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Winamp flag problem !!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 20:08 

Hi,

I`ve just created an Winamp screen for my lcd that works fine, but if i use the require flag my system crash! Any hints ?
Find nothing about that problem using the search-function!?

MfG
T3Knopap$T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 0:33 

On this I am not 100% certain, but I don't think the Winamp running flag actually works with the latest version of LCDinfo. I believe it was implemented in the older version, but has not been ported over to LCDinfo 0.6. Henri would have to confirm that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:27 

The <requireflag> is included in 0.6 but looks like I need to do some work with it.

T3Knopap$T, how many screens do you have in your screen queue (in your screens.xml) ? Just trying to figure out possible reasons why the crash might happen. Also you might want to email me the screen files causing the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 21:27 

Getting issues with winamp5 and the latest version of LCDinfo as well...
winamp sometimes crashes when it reaches the end of a playlist, album or artist....
Might just be a screen issue, need to have another play.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 14:29 

Your screens shouldn't be able to cause winamp crash in any way as the winamp plugin is completely separate dll that just outputs the data from winamp. So sounds like there is some bug in the winamp support dll that is copied to the winamp directory.

Anyone else experienced same kind problems ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 19:40 

I get errors when stopping a track in WinAmp2. But i think that's because i got more LCD plugins installed, like Liquid and LCDStudio.

Post subject: <requireflag>
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 17:08 

Any update on <requireflag> ?

LCDInfo is a very capable program. Most of the others i've tried are too resource dependent. It works very well for my Noritake 4x20 character vfd.
The <requireflag> option for screens in lcdinfo would nearly completely round out my htpc.
Especially something like <requireflag>WMP.Running</requireflag>

Thank you all for the great work!

Post subject: <requireflag> cont ...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 20:20 

Did I mention I cannot get <requireflag> to work properly? It will exclude the WMP screen if WMP is running when LCDInfo starts, but it will not include it again if WMP starts again. Also, it will not pick it up when WMP isnt running when it starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 23:43 

I don't believe that the WMP plug-in actually has a working <requireflag> function. As mentioned above I believe that Winamp is the only plug-in with this feature, and it's also got a few glitches at the moment. :) Keep checking the forum, there may be an update sometime in the future (i don't know how distant though). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 14:06 

I recently noticed that also the iTunes plugin has the iTunes.Playing flag in it. Hmm WMP, I don't think it has this yet. Also the WMP plugin is not done by me but I might have the source somewhere.

But first I need to try to reproduce the problems some have mentioned to see what is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 21:02 

Hi,

hm... I`ve got 3 screens in my srceens.xml ! But i don`t thing that the number of screens is the thing !! It dose`t matter how mutch screens are in the screens.xml the system crash when i try to use the requiere flag.

MfG
T3Knopap$T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 23:43 

See this post above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 0:34 

Henri wrote:
I recently noticed that also the iTunes plugin has the iTunes.Playing flag in it. Hmm WMP, I don't think it has this yet. Also the WMP plugin is not done by me but I might have the source somewhere.

But first I need to try to reproduce the problems some have mentioned to see what is going on.

Source would be good. I'd be willing to look at adding <requireflag> to wmp plugin. I'm not much of a coder but a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:55 

The WMP plug-in was actually written by DarkElf, and it would be up to him whether the source is available for modification.

You could try PMing him, and asking nicely... He would also be the one to speak to about that other additions you had in mind, and support for XP Media Centre Edition. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 17:30 

I am just now doing some testing with the winamp flag and I just can't make it behave wrong ;)

Something I noticed is that even if winamp is not running/playing and if the first screen in the screens.xml is the winamp screen it will be shown even if the <requireflag> for it is included. So LCDInfo doesn't respect the <requireflag> with the first screen loaded when it starts but after it gets to the next screen it won't anymore return to the winamp screen unless winamp starts playing. This might have been even intentional, I don't remember exactly.

But any crashing or bad behaviour with the <requireflag> and "Winamp2.Playing" I'm not able to reproduce.
Please send me your full screen config that has this problem. Also report your winamp version.