LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 23:26

All times are UTC + 2 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:03
Posts: 201
Location: Sydney, Australia
Just thought I would see if there was actually any interest in planning some development of new features. There seems to be alot of differant features suggested and those that do actually program for LCDinfo seem to be constantly running around looking at a bit here and a bit there.

With a bit of discussion before hand, a development plan could be worked out before any programming time is spent. This would allow those that Program to know exactly how a feature should work. :)

Anyway... just throwing it out there for those that are interested. :) Discuss, flame, think, invent... ;)

Seeya soon.

_________________
Syridian,
http://syridian.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 14:04 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 22:05
Posts: 2063
Location: Lappeenranta, Finland
Planning 8O what's that ?

Anyway planning sounds good. I would be happy to see discussion and planning about implementing new features and also how current features could be made better. It is true that having a good well defined plan how different features should work makes the programming task easier. And also by planning it should be possible to divide tasks in smaller pieces so that someone interested could begin developing a defined and planned feature instead of just doing something without really knowing what should be done.

There haven't been that much public discussion about LCDInfo development but now that the source is open I'd like to encourage everyone interested to say their opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 15:22 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:32
Posts: 106
Sounds like a good idea to me, just wish i could help , aint a programming bone in my body at the mo sorry :( ,
and finding time to learn at my age :D 8O i doubt it. Anyways enough waffle...
add these to the plan please Henry..

1. Sort out the sed driver corruption, full screen animaton on a 320x240 is poor to say the least.
2. True Text Fonts for my 320x240.
3. Ability to trigger events, say play a wav, or a animation-a virtual gpo if you like , when a temp is reached or a email is received.
4. The ability to scroll large bitmap images, i have 240x480 bitmap scrolling at the mo as a animation , it takes 151 frames and cpu time is HIGH lol.
5. Gauges/bar/vu style graphs .
6. Clock hands- be very nice if you could have more than the plain line, or if thats not possible then slightly thicker hour and minute hands.
7. The H/Drive graph, either fill the used or free space, and a % variable of used/free space be good too.
8. A LARGE Spectrum analyzer, to fit 240x128 and 320x240 for winamp/ wmp
9. Azureus plugin updating so it works with the new builds.
10. A Speedfan plugin be nice too.
11. Several programmers who will work for peanuts lol, or lcds hehe, i have a box full off 240x128 t6963c lcds.
12. ???Bound to be a few more lol.

I am sure that most of these have been mentioned in the forum elsewhere,and i know this is an awfull lot to ask , especially as i can't really contribute :oops: , so all of you that can, keep up the Fine work, it is really appreciated by us lowly mortals.

Thanks again , and all praise the LCD GODS. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 16:33 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 17:42
Posts: 467
Location: The Netherlands
Henri wrote:
Planning 8O what's that ?

:lol:

My wish;
- a new controller for the QVGA+ sized LCD's that runs smooooth

oh and a Noritake 256x128 VFD, but that's personal :wink:

_________________
My Plexeon-Insane LCD!-Or this one!-LCDinfo-LCDStudio


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:35 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:03
Posts: 201
Location: Sydney, Australia
Henri,

You just outlined everything I was thinking when I wrote the initial post. ;)I might be assuming here... but was that what you had in mind when you created this Developers forum?

mingingbollock wrote:
Sounds like a good idea to me, just wish i could help , aint a programming bone in my body at the mo sorry :(


Nor in mine ;), but I'm more than willing to learn and help plan the way features could work, as you have shown you can do above.

In my experience, alot of programmer don't know where to start, because they don't know what people expect as an end product. The idea with discussing these options and having a pre-planned outline for how features should work is to promote the open source way of life, and get programmers interested and organised.

mingingbollock also wrote:
add these to the plan please Henry..

1. Sort out the sed driver corruption, full screen animaton on a 320x240 is poor to say the least.
2. True Text Fonts for my 320x240.
3. Ability to trigger events, say play a wav, or a animation-a virtual gpo if you like , when a temp is reached or a email is received.
4. The ability to scroll large bitmap images, i have 240x480 bitmap scrolling at the mo as a animation , it takes 151 frames and cpu time is HIGH lol.
5. Gauges/bar/vu style graphs .
6. Clock hands- be very nice if you could have more than the plain line, or if thats not possible then slightly thicker hour and minute hands.
7. The H/Drive graph, either fill the used or free space, and a % variable of used/free space be good too.
8. A LARGE Spectrum analyzer, to fit 240x128 and 320x240 for winamp/ wmp
9. Azureus plugin updating so it works with the new builds.
10. A Speedfan plugin be nice too.


All great suggestions. :) See, you do contribute. :)

And mingingbollock also wrote:

11. Several programmers who will work for peanuts lol, or lcds hehe, i have a box full off 240x128 t6963c lcds.


I'm always more than willing to work for LCD's... Check out my Swap meet post at http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=993. If you want to swap one of your displays for something that I have.

As well as, mingingbollock wrote:
12. ???Bound to be a few more lol.


Always is. ;)

I for one am actually keen to see some work done on the way in which LCDinfo handles the screens.xml and the screen files, as described in http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=546. However as you have pointed out, there are alot of features that require tweaking and adding that have already been discussed in the forums. :) So, I guess we'll see... as Henri is about the only dedicated programmer working on it at the moment... Although KrAkKeN was kind enough to dome some work recently.

Oh I really wish I understood C++. ;)

_________________
Syridian,
http://syridian.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 13:39 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 22:05
Posts: 2063
Location: Lappeenranta, Finland
Syridian wrote:
Henri,
I might be assuming here... but was that what you had in mind when you created this Developers forum?

Yes mostly to encourage public discussion about the development and also to have a place for more indepth discussion about LCDInfo from the programmer perspective.
I'm not saying you should be some great programmer to participate in this forum but it is nice to see some thoughts of how features should really work and interact.

And during the last days I can see there has already been discussion going into this direction. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 2 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group