LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 16:59

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 16:59 

If you have some ideas you would like to see in the future LCDInfo versions let it out here. You don't have to restrict your ideas based on how the current version works as the new one will be completely rewritten.

One thing I'm interested is how would you like to have the "screens" implemented ? Would you like see every screen in separate file or together in one file like the current LCDInfo versions ? Any better ideas how to construct the screens ?

Would it be good or bad if the screen file format was XML ?

Some things I've thought:
-possibility for periodical reinitializing of the display
-splash screen (not no 1 on my list but still)
-button input (in future)
-bar graphs
-plugins can offer bitmaps as variables

So anything you have in mind (general ideas, graphics, text) just post it here. In future I hope to use more of the possibilities that graphical displays offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 19:05 

Maybe getting info from other sources?
This might be more plugin specific. Like the plugin gets data from the source, and then "forwards" it to LCDInfo via an API interface.
I know I've talked with you about this before, but thought I could post it here. Maybe someone knows a source with it's own API?

Currently MSN and ICQ looks very attractive (but you know this too... :) )

Make the screen configuration a XML file. It's way easier to work with. And for the ones who doesn't like XML you could write a "Screen configuration" app. Shouldn't be that hard. Just give it a big "field", some write text functions, pixel-by-pixel drawing and so on. Then just write it to the XML file.

I'll stop now, think a headache is on its way... :(

Post subject: sed1330
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 19:56 
sed1330 support :D

so some plugins:
-- www.hlsw.de support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 20:26 

Plasma wrote:
Maybe getting info from other sources?
This might be more plugin specific. Like the plugin gets data from the source, and then "forwards" it to LCDInfo via an API interface.
I know I've talked with you about this before, but thought I could post it here. Maybe someone knows a source with it's own API?

Currently MSN and ICQ looks very attractive (but you know this too... :) )

Yes, these are more plugin specific stuff. As the next version will support plugins getting information from other sources is a matter of writing a plugin to gather the information. I'll write plugins myself but I welcome everyone writing theirs too. :wink:

Quote:
Make the screen configuration a XML file. It's way easier to work with. And for the ones who doesn't like XML you could write a "Screen configuration" app. Shouldn't be that hard. Just give it a big "field", some write text functions, pixel-by-pixel drawing and so on. Then just write it to the XML file.

Some kind graphical drag and drop screen configuration has been planned for over 8 months so maybe it would soon be time to make that happen.

Post subject: Re: sed1330
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 20:37 

Relampago wrote:
sed1330 support :D

SED1330 support has been in my plans and I think I'll have a look at it at when I make the driver for HD61830. I'm still hoping that I would be able to acquire a SED1330 display somewhere for testing.

Quote:
so some plugins:
-- www.hlsw.de support

I had a quick look at the site and Developer section but as my German is very limited (non existent) I wasn't able to figure out how this program should be interfaced to ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 20:38 

Totaly in agreemnt with that one , it shoul be one of the major features on the next LCDInfo Version !!!

By the way SED1330 Support would also be great , since corrently LCD info is the most versatile program i Know in termos o resulotions for the LCD's :wink: , , without counting with the Liquid MP3 Winamp pluggin !!

SAmtech

A7N8X Dlx
256 Mb DDR PC3200 OCZ
GF 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR
180 Gb
Studio PCTV Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 20:51 

samtech wrote:
Totaly in agreemnt with that one , it shoul be one of the major features on the next LCDInfo Version !!!

Any chance for a little more precise explanation what you mean ? As I totally missed that and would like to know what should be one of the major features :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 21:14 

Henri wrote:
Some kind graphical drag and drop screen configuration has been planned for over 8 months so maybe it would soon be time to make that happen.

8 months? Probably time to do it now, then... :wink:

Post subject: some more features
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 23:26 
ok hlsw would be great but its not so important :D

-i think a kind of taskmanager will be great

-WinIo i tested it with a little app (count the max of words that can be written in 20 secs by 10 thread's 10% more than dlportio but it could be a config thing dont know) :D

-all written in c++ (maybe)

-a little videoplayer

Post subject: Re: some more features
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 0:12 

Relampago wrote:
ok hlsw would be great but its not so important :D

I think I can have another look when it's time to work on the new plugins.

Quote:
-i think a kind of taskmanager will be great

Could you explain more carefully about the features and how it should work ?

Quote:
-WinIo i tested it with a little app (count the max of words that can be written in 20 secs by 10 thread's 10% more than dlportio but it could be a config thing dont know) :D

The new drivers I've made use WinIO.

Quote:
-all written in c++ (maybe)

Instead of C/C++ combination ?

Quote:
-a little videoplayer

Videoplayer would be nice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 0:57 

hi registered :D

Taskmanager: like strg+alt+del displays the processes with the most cpu time or with the most memneed

oh lcdinfo is c/c++ ? than forget it ;) (mfc or winapi :? )

*edit*

another wireing -> PowerLcd/Pollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 15:32 

Relampago wrote:
hi registered :D

Taskmanager: like strg+alt+del displays the processes with the most cpu time or with the most memneed

oh lcdinfo is c/c++ ? than forget it ;) (mfc or winapi :? )

*edit*

another wireing -> PowerLcd/Pollin

I guess the taskmanager would be a plugin that would collect the information and then give them as variables to LCDInfo. A nice little task for someone with some free time. :wink:

LCDInfo is made using C++ Builder so it uses VCL. But I want to keep the plugin interfaces compatible with other C/C++ compilers too. Should be compatible with Delphi also.

LCDInfo supports the Pollin/PowerLCD wirings currently and in the next version you can define yourself how you have your display connected so the wiring worries should be over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 16:55 

Hi Henri,

my great wish: Easy configuration of the lcd screens. Like a WYSIWYG interface (I hope i wrote this correct!).

and other features too:

- more winamp funtions (like Liquid-MP3); especially visualization
- less ressource usage
- auto center function for text and graphic objects

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 17:35 

Snake-Dsl wrote:
my great wish: Easy configuration of the lcd screens. Like a WYSIWYG interface (I hope i wrote this correct!).

That's on my to do list and I hope to make it soon. But I think it will still be missing from the next release.

Quote:
- more winamp funtions (like Liquid-MP3); especially visualization
- less ressource usage
- auto center function for text and graphic objects

The visualization/less resource usage is kind of hard combination but I'm planning to include visualization to the winamp plugin. So everyone can decide themselves if they want more eye candy or less cpu usage.

Auto centering for text is already done. Autocentering for graphics - I'll have to think about this. I guess it could be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 0:28 

hi, i'm a newbie in the world of graphic LCD.
I'm alcualy a 4*16 LCD, but i want to move to a graphic.
i use this plugin: http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/
and i have modif It with au friend http://www.poulpy.com/lcdplugin/ (frensh)
et I hope to have an EQ interface in your soft and if possible a menu to stop/restart the computer. And some thing to chose a playlist

this is to run with Winamp in a car.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next