LCDInfo.com

http://www.lcdinfo.com
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 20:03 

I have a Sunlike SG12864H (KS0107) LCD.

The datasheet for it is here: http://www.lcd-modules.com.tw/data/graphic/SG12864H.pdf

Can anybody tell me if I can use the schematic for Crystalfontz CFAG12864B-WGH-V (http://www.skippari.net/lcd/crystalfontzCFAG12864B.gif), which was worked out and discussed in this topic (http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=13), for wiring my SG12864H to the LPT port.

The pinouts appear to be the same, but I don't have the expertise to judge on my own.

I'd appreciate any info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:18 

This one looks even closer

Only thing that might need some adjusting is the resistor for the backlight. The forward voltage of the backlight is 4.2V in the datasheet but I wasn't able to see any current spec for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 13:12 

Hi, Henri,

Thank you very much for your reply. By the way, I wanted to tell you, I visit this forum from time to time and I think it's the best I've ever seen so far.

Can you tell me what 22R means (for R1), Is it 22 Ohm?

I have wired my LCD. The contrast adjustment is working, backlight is OK too. But I can't seem to get anything on the display. I tried lcd_info_v0.3.2_nt.zip, lcd_info_v0.3.2.zip, lcd_ks0108_test.zip after installing the SPP driver.

lcd_ks0108_test gives me access violations (on Win2K Pro SP3) whenever I try to press the start buttons. I'm going to try it on Win98 SE.

And also, I have LPT pin 14 on CS1 and pin 16 on CS2, which is contrary to your drawing above. Is it critical?

And one more question, when the LCD is turned off and I check it with multimeter, I have a short-curcuit between contacts 2 and 4 of the LCD (which are GND and D0). Is it normal or I have done something wrong?

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 18:02 

geokat wrote:

And one more question, when the LCD is turned off and I check it with multimeter, I have a short-curcuit between contacts 2 and 4 of the LCD (which are GND and D0). Is it normal or I have done something wrong?

OK, now it seems to work. I tried it with LCDHype and it works (in Win XP). There was some super fine dust wich short-curcuited terminals 2 and 4, can you believe it? Even the guy in the store with a special electronic scope didn't notice it!

Thanks a lot for the help![/b]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 21:39 

geokat wrote:
Can you tell me what 22R means (for R1), Is it 22 Ohm?

Yes, you're correct here.

Quote:
lcd_ks0108_test gives me access violations (on Win2K Pro SP3) whenever I try to press the start buttons. I'm going to try it on Win98 SE.

Sounds like the DLPortIO driver is not running.

Quote:
And also, I have LPT pin 14 on CS1 and pin 16 on CS2, which is contrary to your drawing above. Is it critical?

That depends of the software. That might reverse the right and left display parts or maybe not. You will see when you try.

Post subject: Everything works now
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 22:58 

Thanks for the reply, Henri.

As I mentioned in my previous posting, I have the LCD working already. I tried lcdinfo, ks0108_test, liquidmp3 and lcdhype -- all of them work.

Thanks for the help and good luck :-)